As a medical herbalist, I’m on the fence about the current mass vaccination strategy and waiting to see the long-term outcomes. I’m not an anti-vaxxer or conspiracy theorist but wanted to share some thoughts which are not really being talked about by the health system, government, or media. Unfortunately, anyone who does have something to say which raises questions is largely being shut down by these authorities, which does not look good in our ‘so called’ freedom of information age.
It seems there are a lot of people saying a lot of controversial things about the COVID-19 pandemic and the way it’s been handled by governments, including lockdowns, mandatory vaccination in the workplace, and general discrimination against those who choose to wait or choose to not get the vaccine.
What concerns me is that virtually every government or medical website, or representative does not back up their statements with any transparency. The same goes for the ‘conspiracy theorists’ and the plethora of videos and web pages opposing the mainstream narrative.
In this article, I will actually share some of the interesting scientific research papers around the Covid-19 virus, vaccines, and long-term Immunity. Regardless of where you sit on this topic, I’m sure you will find it interesting.
Here is the World Vaccination Data as at 30/09/21
See reference for further updates. (6)
- 44.9% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 6.2 billion doses have been administered globally, and 26.02 million are now administered each day.
- Only 2.3% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.
As of 15 August 2021, 514 Israelis were hospitalized with severe or critical COVID-19, a 31% increase from just 4 days earlier. Of the 514, 59% were fully vaccinated. Of the vaccinated, 87% were 60 or older. “There are so many breakthrough infections that they dominate and most of the hospitalized patients are actually vaccinated,” (5)
I will bullet just point the main areas covered in the video for you below, and you can follow the links to the scientific research and make your own judgment. Video coming soon!
- Coronaviruses were discovered over 80 years and have mutated tens of thousands of times, since the recent outbreak in 2019. (1) Research
- Coronaviruses have traditionally shown symptoms similar to the common cold, have been in circulation for decades, so many of us will already have strong immunity (1) Research
- When infected, the viral load with the Delta variant can be just as high after a double vaccination as in the unvaccinated population, yet symptoms may be absent, which means the vaccinated may actually become silent superspreaders (2) Research
- Studies show that Vaccinated people are actually at specific and significant risk of experiencing more severe COVID‐19 disease than if they were not vaccinated. (7) Research
- The Vaccinated population are 5-7 times more likely to get re-infected or hospitalized than the unvaccinated who are exposed to COVID-19 naturally. The unvaccinated who develop a natural immunity are far more likely to have a stronger long-term immunity to future variants. (3) Research
- Vaccine effectiveness can be as low as 36% and investigations are still ongoing to further assess the risk of transmission from fully vaccinated persons to others. (4) Research There is no research around the Pfizer vaccine reducing the spread of infection. Response from Medsafe NZ
- The Pfizer Vaccine contains mRNA particles chemically attached to polyethylene glycol (PEG) molecules. Anaphylactic reactions to PEG have been reported with increasing frequency over recent years. No studies to date examine the prevalence of PEG hypersensitivity, although the occurrence is likely underestimated. The onset of serious hypersensitivity reactions and anaphylaxis to PEG is typically rapid and severe. Symptoms include pruritus, flushing, urticaria, and angioedema. Hypotension occurs in severe cases with airway symptoms of chest tightness and dyspnea. (9) Research
It does appear that those who get COVID by natural exposure develop a much stronger immunity to future infections. This means that the unvaccinated will be the strongest and safest people to be around after the vaccines have been administered. to the general population and the borders are opened. In theory, if you have an unvaccinated workforce employed, that has developed natural immunity then your workplace will be the safest. Locking unvaccinated people out of venues, events, and public transport is therefore completely pointless and is a baseless form of discrimination.
Herd immunity is reached when a sufficiently large proportion of a population has become immune to infection, not only protecting themselves but also decreasing the likelihood of transmission of disease to remaining susceptible persons. Immune persons thus form a barrier to slow or prevent the disease outbreak among other members of the “herd.”
The critical proportion of a population (pc) needed to be immune to a disease before herd immunity becomes protective is roughly estimated using the basic reproductive number (R0) of the disease as follows:
R0 is an average that varies by factors such as population density, age structure, individual behaviors, and social interactions. For coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), R0 varies globally, but typically is about 3.0, which means that we would need roughly 67% of the population to be immune. (10)
This potentially also means that once 70% of the population are vaccinated, and those remaining people might be those who choose to allow themselves to develop natural immunity. The two approaches combined should be very effective. I think we will find this will happen by default, as it’s more than likely those who consider themselves to be in the ‘low risk’ category have chosen not to take the vaccine. This could actually add to the overall herd immunity effect.
It should certainly be their choice, and not forced upon them, using propaganda, bribery, and guilt tactics.
Freedom of Speech
It is interesting how easily the general public can be lead to believe whatever the government and media choose to tell them without any real scientific evidence being provided. On the flipside when thousands of medical doctors and scientists speak out with evidence contradicting the ‘group think’ they are labeled as conspiracy theorists.
You can see some of these below.
We will certainly see the true results of our COVID response and mass vaccinations in the years ahead.
- One year update on the COVID-19 pandemic: Where are we now? PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7695590/
- Impact of Delta on viral burden and vaccine effectiveness against new SARS-CoV-2 infections in the UK. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.18.21262237v1
- Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1
- Science Brief: COVID-19 Vaccines and Vaccination. PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK570435/
- A grim warning from Israel: Vaccination blunts, but does not defeat Delta. Science.org https://www.science.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinationsl Our Wolrd in Data. https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
- Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical disease. PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/
- COVID-19 vaccines. PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8272971/
- Anaphylaxis associated with the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines: Approach to allergy investigation. PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8080508/
- COVID-19 herd immunity in the absence of a vaccine: an irresponsible approach. PUBMED https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8060517/
Learn about your human rights in relation to Covid-19
Legal Framework surrounding the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act https://oxcon.ouplaw.com/view/10.1093/law-occ19/law-occ19-e4
COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020 https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2020/0012/latest/LMS344134.html
New Zealand Human Rights https://www.hrc.co.nz/resources/human-rights-relation-covid-19/
Legal Advice to Andrew Little COVID-19 Public Health Response Bill
Minister rejects mandatory worker vaccines for wider New Zealand https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/450075/minister-rejects-mandatory-worker-vaccines-for-wider-new-zealand
Right to refuse to undergo medical treatment (Bill of Rights) https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1990/0109/latest/whole.html#DLM225509
Vaccines and the workplace. In general, unless vaccination is needed for health and safety reasons, work is unlikely to be unsafe solely because it is done around unvaccinated workers. https://www.employment.govt.nz/leave-and-holidays/other-types-of-leave/coronavirus-workplace/covid-19-vaccination-and-employment/
COVID-19: Case demographics in NZ
New Zealand Ministry of Health https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-case-demographics
Analysis of false-positive results and recommendations for quality control measures. Early on in the global testing experience, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning that cross-contamination could result in unacceptably high false-positive rates for COVID-19 RT-PCR testing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8336987/