As a medical herbalist, one of the very first things you learn is how to blend herbal liquid extracts into various syrups and formulations. I have used a number of blends within my herbal clinic for nearly 25 years and I’m now in a position to be able to offer them alongside the Ultimate Herbal Health Programmes to target specific areas of the body that you feel might need support.
Due to recent trends of increasing mental stress, anxiety, addiction, dementia, and ever-increasing demands on our brains, Brett has now introduced this formula under the name BrainGlo.
Unlike other liquids that are around, Brett Elliott’s Ultimate Herbal BrainGlo is 100% herbal and made with clinical strength herbal extracts, made right here in New Zealand.
The herbs can help improve the health of the entire Brain and assist with healthy circulation, hormonal balance, and cognition within the brain.
Brainglo contains a blend of key tonic herbs to help protect and support brain health. It can be used over the long term as a tonic, or in short bursts for tension headache relief.
It contains a blend of the following herbal extracts in a base of pure New Zealand bush honey.
Click the names to read more about each ingredient.
- NZ Bush Honey
- Licorice – Great for energy, stamina, and blood sugar balance.
- Bacopa – Administration of BM appears to nourish rather than deplete neurons, an action compatible with 1400 years of Ayurvedic study.
- Ginkgo Biloba – Inhibits platelet aggregation (anti-PAF) to reduce blood viscosity, improves circulation.
- Gotu Kola – Studies have shown Gotu Kola to re-vitalize the brain and nervous system, increase attention span and concentration, and combat aging.
- St John’s wort – Helps to keep serotonin available in neuron synapses (spaces between nerve endings) of the brain. Take with professional guidance if using migraine drugs. St John’s wort protects the liver, nourishes, repairs, and calms the entire nervous system, and relieves pain.
- Bilberry – Blueberry intake has been shown to increase brain activity, memory, and learning and to decrease age-related cognitive decline. Cognitive performance in elderly adults improved after 12 wk of daily intake of blueberry.
- Turmeric – Strong anti-inflammatory, digestive, and liver support, blood thinning.
- Feverfew – Grow feverfew in the garden and chew on a few leaves when you experience a migraine aura. It is thought to work by inhibiting the generation and release of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins. Feverfew has also been shown to inhibit serotonin release from platelets, aiding blood vessel tone and constriction. This is a very bitter herb that promotes digestive secretions for improved food assimilation. Feverfew can also be taken prophylactically (as a preventative) – consume 2 to 3 leaves every day to reduce the frequency of migraines.
- Saffron – The active components in saffron protect neurons in the brain and increase the concentration of neurotransmitters in the synapses, thus enhancing cognitive function.
- Ginger – Another plant that improves blood circulation; inhibits thromboxane and other prostaglandins. Relieves inflammation, nausea, and vomiting.
As a long-term tonic, take 5ml twice daily. In short, bursts take 10ml once or twice a day for a headache.
This herbal tonic can be used safely over a period of 3-6 months or longer to give measurable results.