Protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information confidential is very important to us. We’re bound by the Privacy Act 1993 when we handle your personal information.
This policy outlines how we maintain your privacy when handling your personal information if you’re a client or a visitor to our website.
In this Policy, we use the terms, “we“, “us“, “our” or “UHH” to refer to Ultimate Herbal Health Limited.
Personal information means information or an opinion that identifies you, or could reasonably identify you as an individual, whether the information or opinion is true or not.
2.1 We only collect personal information from you that is necessary to do business with you.
2.2 The personal information that we collect about you includes your name, postal and street address, email address, telephone number, gender, age or information relating to the complaints you’ve made to us.
3.1 We collect most personal information directly from you, when you:
- Order and/or register for a product or service;
- interact with our Customer Happiness Team;
- use our website, community forum or social media sites;
- complete a form for us, for example when you register for our competitions, information, events and newsletters; or
- complete our surveys or product testimonials.
3.2 We may also collect personal information about you:
- that is publicly available from sources such as social media websites; and
- from third parties that provide us with marketing leads.
4.1 We use your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide you with the products and services you’ve asked for;
- help us operate, protect, improve and develop our products and services and customise your experience;
- provide customer support to you;
- keep you informed about our products and services and tailor this information to your needs and interests;
- enable secure access to our websites;
- respond to any feedback, queries or complaints; and
- fulfil any legal and regulatory obligations.
4.2 Disclosure to third parties
- We may provide your personal information to our related companies and to third party service providers that we outsource functions to or partner with, in certain limited situations where it’s necessary for us to do so in order to provide our products and services or perform associated business activities.
- These third parties assist us by performing functions such as client contact, professional advisory, data processing, marketing and advertising, data analysis, business intelligence, website and technology services.
- Each of the third parties that we contract with is carefully selected and is only authorised to use your personal information in a secure way that’s necessary for them to perform their service to us.
- We’ll also disclose your personal information if we are required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act to do so.
- Holding your personal information and keeping it safe
5.1 We typically hold the personal information that we collect either on electronic databases or as hard copy documents.
5.2 The security of your personal information is fundamental to the way that we do business. We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you give us from unauthorised access, use or disclosure, in line with industry standards.
5.3 We do this by employing a range of security measures to protect the personal information that we hold. For example our web pages that request sensitive information may employ encryption technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
5.4 You can confirm that a data-entry page uses encryption by checking that:
- the page address in the web browser’s tool bar or status bar begins with https://; or
- the padlock icon in the web browser’s tool bar or status bar is locked.
5.5 If you’re a registered user of any of our website, you can control access to your account with a username and password of your choice. You should choose a strong password and keep it protected from others to prevent unauthorised access.
5.6 We’re also committed to protecting your information offline. All of your personal information, not just personal information and sensitive information, is subject to access controls.
5.7 Whilst we take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information when it’s in our hands, it’s important to note that we’re unable to guarantee the security of the internet as a whole. If you’re purchasing a product or service online, please ensure that you’re doing so in a secure environment. In addition, if you use email to send and receive your personal information, please be aware that the information may be less secure in transit.
- Our product promotion and how to opt out of direct marketing
- We may use your personal information to contact you about program upgrades and developments. We may also use your personal information to let you know about new services and special offers that may be relevant to your business.
- If you don’t want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you can let us know at any time through one of the following channels:
- to opt out of email marketing:
- click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing communications.
- to opt out of email marketing:
- Our website
7.1 Accessing our website
- Our website contains information and we’re constantly making changes and improvements to provide you with an even better website experience and to help you succeed.
- Our website may contain links to third party websites, which don’t belong to us and are beyond our control. Please note we’re not responsible for and can’t guarantee the privacy of these third party websites.
8.1 If you’ve provided us with personal information, you have a right to request to access or correct it. You can contact us with your request by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy.
8.2 We’ll respond to you as soon as we’re reasonably able to. In some cases we might ask you to pay an administrative fee to cover costs associated with your request. To help us respond to you, please include as much detail as possible about the information that you want to access or correct and, if applicable, how you’d like to access the information.
8.3 We’ll provide you with a copy of or details of your personal information wherever possible.
8.4 In some circumstances we might not be able to give you access to the personal information that you have requested, or we may refuse to correct your personal information. In either of these situations, we’ll let you know the reasons for our decision in writing. If we don’t allow you to access or correct your personal information, and you don’t agree with our decision, you can make a complaint by following the process outlined in section 9.
9.1 If you have a complaint about how we’ve handled your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this Policy.
9.2 Once we have received your complaint, we will investigate and respond to you as quickly as possible. We’ll try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and in any event within 30 days of hearing from you. If your complaint takes longer to resolve, we’ll keep you informed of our progress with the investigation.
9.3 If you need further information about our privacy complaints process or the progress or outcome of any investigation, please contact the Privacy Officer using the details at the bottom of this Policy.
If you aren’t satisfied with our handling or resolution of your complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner. For more information please visit the Commissioner’s website.
10.1 We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. Please check our website regularly for any updates to this Policy. You can also get a copy of the most current version of this Policy by either emailing or writing to the Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
10.2 By continuing to use our website and otherwise deal with us, you accept this Policy as it applies from time to time.
Ultimate Herbal Health
26 Fantail Drive,
Please note that the UHH Privacy Officer deals with privacy-related queries only. For general sales and support enquiries please call 0800 55 55 56
Last updated: June 2017