Yes, there are many approaches to losing weight, but how often are these methods actually healthy for you?
Most methods involve strict dieting of some kind which can be difficult to maintain afterward and sometimes rigorous exercise programs which are often not sustainable.
Shouldn’t weight loss and long-term maintenance go hand in hand? The ideal program should be easy, sustainable and also healthy, right?
Today I am going to share with you a four-part strategy that is all of the above. No matter what your goal, you can get there with this holistic natural approach.
By combining these four simple steps you are on the path to healthy, long-term success.
Step 1Support good digestion and elimination
In order for your body to metabolize nutrients and process food properly your digestive system needs to be clear, smooth and regular. You could use lots of enzymes, spices, fiber and raw foods to assist. Avoiding processed foods, too much meat, starch, and sugar will also help.
A herbal formulation like the one below is ideal.
Cleansa (120 capsules)Ingredients:
- Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) bark – known for its bitter liver stimulant and anti-parasite effects †
- Psyllium (Plantago psyllium) husk – provides bulking fiber soothe and improve bowel regularity †
- Cascara (Cascara sagrada) bark – gently stimulates the colon for regular elimination †
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seed – calms and soothes the digestive system, relieving gas and bloating †
- Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) bark – A soothing healing and nourishing herb for the digestive system †
- Wild Yam (Discorea villosa) Root – A bowel tonic, which also provides DHEA to support the hormonal system †
Step 2Balance blood sugar, helping control addictive eating habits One of the keys to long-term success is breaking bad habits and introducing new good habits. I suggest focusing on just one such good and bad habit each year. For example, removing bread or pasta from your diet, or cutting back on red meat can make a massive difference to your health. Introducing a daily fruit smoothie or 20 minutes of meditation could be the new good habit. Regulating blood sugars can be a major factor in controlling these habits, so I have put together some very special herbs for this.
Satisfed (120 capsules)Ingredients:
- Caralluma (Caralluma fimbriata) – Increases stamina, and reduces hunger cravings via an effect on the craving center in the brain †
- Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre) – Regulates insulin by supporting pancreatic function, helping stabilize blood sugar levels †
- Chromium polynicotinate – Kown to support the pancreas helping control blood sugar levels †
- Coleus forskohlii (Plectranthus barbatus) – Has the added benefits of lowering blood pressure and increasing lean muscle mass †
Step 3Increase energy levels, boosting metabolism and fat burning
Lots of substances are known to boost metabolism including caffeine, steroids and sugary energy drinks but these are not the most healthy. You can always spice up your food on a regular basis with ginger, chili, and hot curry. A convenient method is providing natural plant extracts which can also support a healthy metabolism at any age. This combination is perfect.
Thermogenik (120 capsules)Ingredients:
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum) – contains piperine which is known for its fat burning and thermogenic effects †
- Guarana (Puallinia cupana) fruit – has a compound similar to caffeine to boost energy levels †
- Bitter orange (Citrus aurantium) peel – contains the substance synephrine which is known to increase metabolic rate †
- Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf – has been shown to increase the burning of up 250 more calories than normal †
- Garcinia combogia (Hydroxycitrate complex) – has been shown to burn internal and external fat from the abdomen †
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) rhizome – improves both digestion and circulation †
- Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit – increases energy expenditure and fat burning while reducing appetite
† This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Step 4Provide super nutritional support
Along with increased energy levels, reduced hunger and great digestion we need ultimate nutrition. This is key to finding balance and health, ultimately leading to weight loss. You can get calorie restricted meals until you are blue in the face, but that doesn’t develop any healthy habits. The key is to eat whole, unprocessed foods and get into the garden and the kitchen where food actually gets put together. My golden rule is “eat unprocessed food”. If you do that one single thing you will be making great strides towards long-term success.
All other dietary advice fails to achieve what this single strategy can.
In saying that a natural food powder or supplement is equal to the task when time constraints keep us out of the kitchen, or we are traveling. This is my favorite simple blend.
Xtrafood (120 capsules)Ingredients:
- Barley grass (Hordeum vulgare) leaf – the ultimate superfood, containing almost every nutrient the body needs †
- Kelp (Macrocystis pyrifera) – a fantastic nutrient-dense food, with the added bonus of iodine for metabolic rate †
- Beetroot (Beta vulgaris-cicla) – nourished the blood and provides a good natural source of iron †
- Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) leaf – known to be one the best superfood sprouts †
- Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) – contains one of the most readily absorbed proteins on the planet †
- White Kidney Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) – also high in protein, plus it’s known to inhibit sugar spikes and lower the GI of foods †
SummaryPutting it all together I know it’s a lot to absorb in such a short space of time, but if you put it together all it makes perfect sense. Step 1 – Support good digestion Step 2 – Balance blood sugar, helping control addictive eating habits Step 3 – Increase energy levels, boosting metabolism and burning fat Step 4 – Provide super nutrition
By simply following an unprocessed food diet for one month along with the combination of all 24 herbs provided you can see why this holistic approach is so successful. I hope this has been helpful and please click the links for each herb to see all the scientific research if you’re interested. Also, check out the Ultimate Herbal SLIM program below to find out more.