Maybe it’s time to try a vegetarian Barbecue?
When it’s the Beer and Barbecue silly season, you don’t have to be a sausage and bread person just because everybody else might be gulping them down. You might want to come out of your holidays feeling all light and bright and ready to face the next day.
You might want to be wise and choose healthy barbecue ingredients so you can continue your DETOX or SLIM program.
There is a lot of great foods you can throw on the BBQ during the holiday season.
- Try slicing Capsicums in half and char-grilling.
- Rub a little coconut oil into cobs of corn and grill until lightly browned
- You can wrap small sweet potato or carrots in foil and grill until soft
On the plate
- Try slicing cauliflower or broccoli into thick steaks, rub with herbs and oil and fry until just crunchy
- Whole flat mushrooms are great with a little coconut oil rubbed in
- You can do the same with Zucchini or eggplant
- The old favorite fried onion, leave it crunchy and add lots of chunky garlic
Another favorite, vegetable Kebabs.
You can skewer almost any vegetable and roast it over the BBQ grill.
Here are some of my top choices:
Mushrooms, red and white onion, capsicum (all colours), zucchini, tofu, fish, eggplant, cherry tomato, kumara (sweet potato), carrot, olives.
Simply skewer a collection of your top choices and coat with olive oil, turn until cooked and slightly charred. Delicious!
Delicious with a fresh salad, tomatoes, avocado and spicy salad dressing