There are few things as nice as a boiled artichoke with a herb and mustard dressing.
This an easy way to eat this great vegetable and perfect for all the herbal programs.
Serves 2 people
- 400g of fresh beans (trimmed)
- 2 x lemons (each one cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 x dstsp of coriander seeds
- 6 x artichokes with their stems removed
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- A quarter of a cup of lemon juice
- 3 x dstsp of lemon juice
- 2 x dstsp of tarragon leaves
- Quarter of a cup of finely chopped parsley
- 4 x tsp of capers
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add beans and bring back to the boil and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Add the lemon pieces and coriander seeds into the pot and boil for one minute. Add artichokes to the pot and boil of 10 to 20 minutes. Drain with teh stem side upwards. Once cool to handle, start pulling off the leaves. Once removed, pull out the centre which will look quite inedible. Trim off any bits that look too chewy with a sharp knife. Lightly brush the artichokes with the extra virgin olive oil and then grill them until they start to go golden brown.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the artichokes, mix in the beans and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serving size for 4 to 6 people.