You might be doing a Herbal Detox program because of arthritis, rheumatism or just general aches and pains. Comfrey is one of those amazing plants with almost miraculous healing properties. It has compounds in it which promote increased bone cell growth and speeds the healing of ligaments, cartilage and tendons.
Today I am going to share with you my method for making a healing comfrey root rub.
The process it quite involved so it’s best to watch the two videos below, but here is a brief outline.
- Fresh Comfrey root (you will need to find some growing)
- About 500 ml Olive oil
- 50 gm Beeswax (to thicken)
- Dig the root and and clean thoroughly
- Chop the root into thin slices and place between paper in a drying cupboard for 2-3 weeks
- Soak the root in olive oil for up to 6 weeks (use a suitable jar)
- After 6 weeks, place the roots and oil over a double boiler and simmer for about an hour.
- Strain off the oil
- Allow to cool naturally while grating in a little beeswax to thicken
- Pour into jars before the oil and beeswax sets