Lavender oil is fantastic during your herbal detox program for soothing aching muscles and to release the head and neck tension you sometimes get when detoxing. Massage into your body as you feel you need.
- About 100 Lavender flowers
- About 1 liter of olive oil (enough to cover flowers)
- Cut the flowers on a dry day and place them into a paper bag.
- Place the bag in a warming cupboard for 2-3 days until flowers are dry and almost crispy.
- Place flowers into a suitable jar and cover with olive oil.
- Soak for 6 weeks keeping the flowers submerged beneath the oil.
- Keep the oil away from humidity and rotate the jar every few days.
- After six weeks, strain the oil out of the flowers with muslin and colander or sieve into a suitable bottle.
Rub into aching or tense muscles as needed.