A stunning combination of flavours using cilantro, capers, green olives, and pistachio nuts along with black rice to stuff these capsicums. They’re a meal in themselves but would be perfect alongside some white fish or chicken breast.
Cooking and Preparation time – About 30 minutes
- 1 cup black rice or wild rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 4-5 x large capsicum
- 1 x tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 5 x spring onions, sliced
- 1 x red onion, finely diced
- 4 x garlic cloves, diced
- Half cup raw pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- Half cup of green olives, sliced
- Large handful fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flake
Ingredients for caper and parsley yogurt:
- 2/3 packed cup cilantro
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 x squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- For the caper and parsley yoghurt, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 20 to 30 seconds, until smooth. Transfer to a small jug and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake. Find a larg baking tray or roasting dish.
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Then allow to sit until the water has been absorbed and the rice is soft.
- Place the capsicums on the prepared baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until soft and juicy.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onion, red onion, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the pistachios and seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a large bowl. Add the rice, olives, parsley, balsamic vinegar, and nutritional yeast, and mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Remove the capsicums from the oven and divide the filling evenly among the capsicum halves.
- To serve, top with a dollop of caper and parsley yoghurt and serve with a side white fish, chicken breast or mushrooms.