This great simple coconut curry can be made with all kinds of vegetables depending on their availability. This makes it very versatile.
Super healthy during your herbal detox, and incredibly delicious you need to make plenty of this dish for the whole family.
Serves 4 people
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 large white onion diced up
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 x 440gm can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 400ml of water
- 2 x average sized zucchinis or a quarter of a cabbage
- 1/2 Buttercup Pumpkin
- 1 heaped cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 large carrot or red capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- Chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Add in Brown rice if doing the 1 or month DETOX & SLIM Programs if you wish
Puree the tomatoes with 400ml of water and tomato paste. Heat oil in pan or wok. Add cumin seeds. When they sizzle, add chopped onion and cook until lightly browned. Add minced garlic and curry powder then stir for 30 seconds. Pour in pureed tomatoes, coconut milk and salt then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or till the sauce thickens a little. Add chopped zucchinis (or cabbage), cauliflower, and carrot (red capsicum) then simmer until zucchini is soft. Serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.