The salad will blow your mind. The first time I tried this I couldn’t believe that pawpaw, orange, avocado, and onions could taste so good together.
So quick and easy, very satisfying. You can even try having it for dinner during your detox program.
Preparation time 6 to 8 minutes
- 2 x ripe avocados
- 1 x ripe papaya
- 1 x large orange
- 1 x small red onion
- 50g of small rocket leaves
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Carefully peel off the skin then slice each avocado half thickly.
- Peel the papaya. Cut it in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut each half into 8 slices.
- Peel the orange. Using a small sharp knife, cut out the segment, cutting either side of the divided membranes. Place the onion thinly and separate into rings.
- Make the dressing. Combine the oil, lemon or lime juice and seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
- Assemble the salad on four individual serving plates. Alternate slices of papaya and avocado.
- Add the orange segments and a mound of rocket topped with the onion rings. Spoon over the dressing and serve.