Eggplant is an incredible food, especially for budding vegetarians as it has the ability to taste like meat. This dish is a great example of this.
It is a very basic stuffed eggplant than requires very little ingredients.
Each eggplant serves one person.
- 1 x Eggplant
- 1 x small Onion
- 6 x Cloves of Garlic
- 2 dessertspoon Tomato paste
- Thyme, oregano or mixed herbs to taste
- Slice eggplant in half lengthways and carve out center in one large piece if possible
- Cut eggplant center into cubes smaller than 1cm
- Dice onion and garlic
- Heat oil in a pan and saute diced filling ingredients adding herbs
- When soft, add tomato paste and stir until thick
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant cases
- Back in oven dish at 175 C for 30 minutes until eggplant has cooked shriveled
- You could add a tiny bit of cheese if you’re on the one month detox or herbal slim programs
Serve with salad or spinach frittata