Here is a hot little number to surprise you.
Serves 4 people and all from one pot!
- 125 gm (1/2 cup) green beans
- packet of firm tofu (about 200gm)
- 10 x sliced mushrooms
- 2 x chopped onions
- 1 tbsp of curry paste (Indian or Thai )
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce (optional)
- 1 can of coconut milk (or grate 1 coconut and squeeze into water to make coconut milk)
In a pot, heat the curry paste and coconut milk and mix together. Add mushrooms and tofu and bring to simmer. Add the beans and onions
A variation is to use fish instead of tofu, and courgettes (very chunky chopped) instead of beans – great with Thai green curry. Miso can be used instead of tamari – add at end of cooking to preserve vital nutrients. Serve with salad or cooked green vegetables.