Get ready to take control?
Many people perform a detox program to help quit an addictive habit. This could be for health reasons, for a work-related drug test, or simply to break the addiction cycle. Some of us need a detox from caffeine, alcohol, junk food, or maybe detoxing to reset the metabolism or to lose some weight. Either way, it can be common to experience headaches and other withdrawal symptoms along the way. This article might give you some ideas to help reduce the detox withdrawals effect.
Detox from Caffeine, Alcohol and other Addictive SubstancesOften people undergo a regular annual detox for general health, to lose weight, or just to get on track with good eating and lifestyle habits. However, a detox can also be a great way to quit and eliminate one or more of the following addictive habits or substances:
- Smoking cigarettes
- Caffeine or Coffee
- Energy Drinks
- Marijuana or other recreational drugs
- Junk food or sugar addiction
Detox Withdrawal Symptoms and HeadachesOn this page, I will share some tips on avoiding the headaches that may occur when detoxing and offer you a great combination you can use to reduce such headaches. There’s nothing more annoying than a headache, whether during a detox from caffeine, alcohol, or other addictive substance, or any other time. They can indicate toxicity, stress, blood sugar problems, or just general fatigue, but there is an answer. Unfortunately, headaches are one of the most common side effects of doing a detox program if not managed properly, so I thought I should give you a natural herbal solution. Most people find that after completing our Ultimate Herbal Detox or BodiClenz programs that not only are the addictive habits easier to drop, and toxic substances out of the body, but that long-term headache problems can sometimes cease. I will talk about things in this order, so you can easily scroll to, or skip parts. 1. Detox Headaches – What causes them and how to reduce 2. Ultimate Herbal Detox Withdrawal Program for Headaches 3. Avoiding Other Types of Headaches – Causes and prevention 4. Meditation and Self-Healing
1. Detox Withdrawal Symptoms and Headaches – What causes them and how to reducePeople often report that withdrawal symptoms and headaches appear 2-3 days into a detox program. This is due to a number of factors such as:
- A reduction in sugar intake along with coffee, alcohol, or other stimulant drugs or chemical food additives
- The resulting reduction in circulating hormones due to abstaining from such substances. The brain has to recover its normal healthy function.
- Acids and other residual chemicals or drugs, leeching out of tissues and into circulation for elimination, causing temporary inflammation.
- Tension and stress-energy being released as the body is clearing mentally and emotionally
- Keep your blood sugar up by consuming plenty of fresh fruit, juices and snacking every hour or two. See my suggested recipes here and Read more about sugar detox here
- Eat plenty of anti-oxidant rich food such as green smoothies, berries, and bright colored food to reduce inflammation
- Relax the larger muscles by soaking in Epsom salt baths, and/or get a massage with peppermint and lavender oils
- Drink herbal teas such as peppermint, ginger, chamomile, and green tea to relax the internal muscles
2. Herbs for Headaches and WithdrawalsThe Ultimate Herbal Detox Withdrawal Combo is also good for helping reduce migraines and long-term tension headaches. The Ultimate Herbal Detox Withdrawals Combination gives you everything you need to get through the detox from caffeine or other addictive substances withdrawals and headaches. It’s a blend of key herbs in multiple dosage forms to give the most satisfying experience possible. There’s a medical herbal liquid, some craving control herbal capsules, a powerful herbal tea, and a protein drink with special herbs which are designed to keep you satisfied for longer. Let’s break it down for you in-depth.
BrainGlo Liquid FormulationUnlike other liquids that are around, Brett Elliott’s Ultimate Herbal BrainGlo is 100% herbal and made with clinical strength herbal extracts, made right here in New Zealand. The herbs can help improve the health of the entire Brain and assist with healthy circulation, hormonal balance, and cognition within the brain. Brainglo contains a blend of key tonic herbs to help protect and support brain health. It can be used over the long term as a tonic, or in short bursts for tension headache relief. Ingredients It contains a blend of the following herbal extracts in a base of pure New Zealand bush honey. Click the names to read more about each ingredient.
- NZ Bush Honey
- Licorice – Great for energy, stamina, and blood sugar balance.
- Bacopa – Administration of BM appears to nourish rather than deplete neurons, an action compatible with 1400 years of Ayurvedic study.
- Ginkgo Biloba – Inhibits platelet aggregation (anti-PAF) to reduce blood viscosity, improves circulation.
- Gotu Kola – Studies have shown Gotu Kola to re-vitalize the brain and nervous system, increase attention span and concentration, and combat aging.
- St John’s wort – Helps to keep serotonin available in neuron synapses (spaces between nerve endings) of the brain. Take with professional guidance if using migraine drugs. St John’s wort protects the liver, nourishes, repairs, and calms the entire nervous system, and relieves pain.
- Bilberry – Blueberry intake has been shown to increase brain activity, memory, and learning and to decrease age-related cognitive decline. Cognitive performance in elderly adults improved after 12 wk of daily intake of blueberry.
- Turmeric – Strong anti-inflammatory, digestive, and liver support, blood thinning.
- Feverfew – Grow feverfew in the garden and chew on a few leaves when you experience a migraine aura. It is thought to work by inhibiting the generation and release of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins. Feverfew has also been shown to inhibit serotonin release from platelets, aiding blood vessel tone and constriction. This is a very bitter herb that promotes digestive secretions for improved food assimilation. Feverfew can also be taken prophylactically (as a preventative) – consume 2 to 3 leaves every day to reduce the frequency of migraines.
- Saffron – The active components in saffron protect neurons in the brain and increase the concentration of neurotransmitters in the synapses, thus enhancing cognitive function.
- Ginger – Another plant that improves blood circulation; inhibits thromboxane and other prostaglandins. Relieves inflammation, nausea, and vomiting.
As one part of the four-part Ultimate Herbal SLIM program, Satisfed plays an important role in controlling hunger, blood sugar levels, and emotional food cravings.Just four capsules daily 1/2 hour prior to the most common craving periods are effective at reducing bad habits, or 1/2 hour before meals to reduce serving size.
Click the ingredients’ names to see further research.
- Caralluma (Caralluma fimbriata)
- Gymnema (Gymnema sylvestre)
- Coleus forskohlii (Plectranthus barbatus)
- Chromium polynicotinate
- Green Tea – Clinical studies suggest that green tea extract may boost metabolism and help burn fat. Green tea has been used traditionally to control blood sugar levels.
- Yerba Mate – The reported effects include improved total mood disturbance score, increased focus, alertness, and energy, and decreased fatigue in habitual caffeine consumers, making this a perfect detox from caffeine. Modifying behavioral factors of mood state and appetite control
- Stevia – Used as a natural sweetener, Stevia contains a compound that is 200 x Sweeter than sugar and when used can help to balance blood sugar and reduce hunger.
Herbal BodiTuneAnother option is to include BodiTune, which is 50% vegan protein and contains all of the Detoxifying herbs, along with all of the craving control and appetite suppressants, which can be very helpful with conquering addictive or emotional eating habits. 1 scoop in your morning smoothie or in your shaker bottle during the day can make a huge difference to your energy levels and cravings throughout the entire day. Read more about BodiTune drink powder here
Herbal DETOX Program or BodiClenzAnother option is to choose to get one of these Ultimate Herbal Detox 480 capsules or Herbal BodiClenz 500g drink powder included with your program for a 14-day deep inner body cleanse. This will focus your program more on the detoxifying and elimination of residues and by-products of substances and their long-term toxic effects. This option is a great choice if you want to quit for good and get clean, or if you are looking to get drug tested for a new job. You can use the Detox option first for 2 weeks, then repeat the program again with the BodiTune option for another month to set your new ‘good habits’ in stone. Good luck on your mission should you decide to accept it. We are here to help anytime via live chat, email or phone. Please Note – Detox Capsules are Gelatin and BodiClenz drink is Vegan.
3. Avoiding Other Headaches – Causes and preventionThere are many reasons for a headache so to understand prevention we need to look at the different types and what causes them. Different types of headaches include:
- a toxic headache
- a tension headache
- a migraine
- a cluster headache
- a sinus headache